Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
at Wheatley Park School
"Creating better futures for our young people by developing them into confident and successful learners and caring citizens"
Students are offered a structured programme of careers and work related learning events to support them to progress after leaving Wheatley Park.
The programme includes:
- Career Detectives in Year 7
- World of Work day in Year 8
- A range of career sector visits and activities in Year 9
- Support to find work experience placements and mock employment interviews in Year 10
- Work experience in Year 11
- Professional practice week in Year 12
- UCAS applications in the sixth form
- Apprenticeship and employment support in Year 11 and Year 13
- One to one personalised careers meetings with a qualified independent careers adviser for all Year 11 students and those in any year group on request.
Students have access to a range of careers resources which can be found on our careers resources page, in the main school library and the sixth form.
The careers adviser attends relevant parents' evenings. Parents can also request meetings at other times to suit them.
We work with a range of partners to deliver our programme including Adviza, Activate Learning (City of Oxford College), other local colleges and training providers, universities, volunteers from the business community and the LEP. We work closely with our Enterprise Co-ordinator and Enterprise Adviser to achieve the Gatsby Benchmarks.
A full outline of the programme is available internally here to be published shortly
We review our programme on an ongoing basis with a formal annual review at the end of the academic year. This includes student and tutor surveys and feedback.
Our Careers Policy can be viewed below and the Provider Access Policy can be found on the school policies page here